Dahi Bhalle | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 15 September 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 920 Views 0
Recipe of delicious Dahi Bhalla which is a North Indian snack made with dal & served with chilled yogurt and chutneys.
½ cup split skinless green gram (moong dal), soaked ½ cup split skinless black gram (urad dal), soaked 2 tablespoons split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked, Salt to taste, 1 teaspoon green chili paste , 1 teaspoon red chilli powder + for sprinkling, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing Oil for deep-frying, 2½ cups yogurt, whisked and chilled, ¼ cup powdered sugar Tamarind chutney for drizzling, Green chutney for drizzling, Roasted cumin (jeera) powder for sprinkling Black salt for sprinkling.
Method of Dahi Bhalla
1. Blend together green gram, black gram and Bengal gram with some water to a coarse paste. Transfer in a bowl.
2. Add salt, green chilli paste, chilli powder and 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Boil sufficient water in a non-stick pan. Set aside.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Drop small portions of the batter in it and deep-fry till golden brown. Soak bhalle in hot water for 10 minutes.
5. Mix together yogurt and powdered sugar in a bowl.
6. Transfer bhalle to ice cold water and soak for 10 minutes.
7. Squeeze out the excess water and place the bhalle on serving plates. Top with some sweetened yogurt and drizzle some tamarind chutney and some green chutney. Sprinkle some chilli powder, some cumin powder and some black salt. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Try the recipe and serve with loads of love. the tasty Dahi Bhalla and let us by Commenting that you like it or not.
For more content keep reading the TOCH Blog at https://mytoch.com/