Dal Fry | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 17 September 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 756 Views 0
Dal fry is a popular Indian lentil recipe made with right spices by Sanjeev Kapoor.
DAL FRY Ingredients
1 cup split pigeon peas (toor dal), soaked ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder ,¼ teaspoon asafoetida ,1 tablespoon ghee ,1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera), 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger, 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic, 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped 1 medium onion, finely chopped 1 medium tomato, finely chopped ,½ teaspoon red chilli powder , 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, Salt to taste Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method of Making Dry fry
1. Pressure cook pigeon peas in 2 cups water with turmeric powder and asafoetida till the pressure is released 3 times.
2. Heat ghee and butter in a deep non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, and onion. Stir and sauté till onions turn translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, mix, cover and cook till soft. Add chili powder, garam masala powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
4. Add cooked pigeon peas and mix. Add ½ cup water and salt, mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
Serve delicious restaurant style dal fry with roti/naan or with rice.
You can find more ‘shoppable’ videos like this on our platform as well! Click on the following link: https://mytoch.com/
Keep up with us on