Hariyali Pav Bhaji | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 18 August 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 594 Views 0
This is a green-twist to the regular Pav Bhaji. Go green with this famous Mumbai snack – spinach, methi, green peas, capsicum, green tomatoes, all in one! HARIYALI PAV BHAJI
1 tablespoon oil 3-4 tablespoons butter + for garnish,2-3 green chillies, finely chopped, 1 medium onion, finely chopped, 2 medium green tomatoes, finely chopped, 1 cup grated cauliflower , 2 medium potatoes, boiled and grated, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder , 2 tablespoons pav bhaji masala, 1 ½ tablespoon spinach puree + 1 tablespoon, 1 small green capsicum, finely chopped, ¾ cup green peas, blanched , Salt to taste ,2 pavs, Chopped coriander leaves for garnish, ½ cup onion, finely chopped for serving 1 lemon wedge for serving.
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add butter, allow to melt, add green chilies and onions. Stir and sauté till translucent.
2. Add green tomatoes, stir and sauté till moist.
3. Add cauliflower and stir well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, stir and mash. Add turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala, and spinach puree. Stir and mix well.
5. Add some water, stir and mix well. Add capsicum, green peas, salt and some water. Mash everything in the pan using a potato masher.
6. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add 1 tbsp spinach puree and mix well.
7. Cover and cook again for another 4-5 minutes.
8. Heat a non-stick tawa and roast the pavs with butter till golden and crisps.
9. Transfer the prepared green bhaji on a serving plate, garnish with chopped coriander and butter.
10. Serve hot with toasted pav, onions and lemon wedges on the side.
You can find more ‘shoppable’ videos like this on our platform as well! Click on the following link: https://mytoch.com/
Keep up with us on