Khasta Kachori | Holi Special | Sanjeev Kapoor
Posted On 20 September 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 709 Views 1
This popular street food snack stuffed with cooked urad dal mixture is surely a must try!
KHASTA KACHORI Ingredients
1 cup refined flour (maida), Salt to taste, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, 2½ tablespoons, hot oil + for drizzling and deep-frying, ½ cup split skinless black gram , (dhuli urad dal), soaked 1 tablespoon ghee, 1 inch ginger, finely chopped 1 green chilli, chopped 6-8 cashew nuts, roughly chopped 1 teaspoon red chilli powder ¼ teaspoon fennel (saunf), powder 1 teaspoon coriander powder, A pinch asafoetida (Hing) , 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
1. Mix together refined flour, baking soda, salt and hot oil in a bowl. Add some water, mix well and knead into a soft dough. Drizzle some more oil and set aside.
2. Coarsely grind black gram using a little water. Set aside.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai. Add ginger, green chili, cashew nuts and ground black gram. Mix well.
4. Add chili powder, fennel powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, salt and garam masala powder and little water, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions, stuff each with a portion of cooked black gram mixture and shape into balls.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry kachoris on low heat till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot.
Serve delicious restaurant style dal fry with roti/naan or with rice.
You can find more ‘shoppable’ videos like this on our platform as well! Click on the following link: https://mytoch.com/
Keep up with us on