Khasta Kachori | Rakhi Special | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 16 August 2018 By Toch Feed | 986 Views 0
KHASTA KACHORI is a popular street food snack stuffed with cooked urad dal mixture is surely a must try!
Ingredients of making kachori:
- 1 cup refined flour (maida) Salt to taste ¼ teaspoon baking soda 2½ tablespoons hot oil + for drizzling and deep-frying ½ cup split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal) soaked.
- 1 tablespoon ghee 1-inch ginger, finely chopped 1 green chili, chopped 6-8 cashew nuts, roughly chopped.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder ¼ teaspoon fennel (saunf) powder.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder A pinch asafoetida (hing).
- Salt to taste 1 teaspoon garam masala powder 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
1. Mix together refined flour, baking soda, salt and hot oil in a bowl. Add some water, mix well and knead into a soft dough. Drizzle some more oil and set aside.
2. Coarsely grind black gram using a little water. Set aside.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai. Add ginger, green chilli, cashew nuts and ground black gram. Mix well.
4. Add chilli powder, fennel powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, salt and garam masala powder and little water, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions, stuff each with a portion of cooked black gram mixture and shape into balls.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry kachoris on low heat till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot kachori Mint Chutney, Coriander Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.