Mirchi Ka Salan | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 16 August 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 779 Views 0
Delicious recipe of Mirchi ka salan makes with green Chillis.
MIRCHI KA SALAN Ingredients:
- 18-20 big green chilies, slit lengthwise and deep-fried.
- 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, ½ cup roasted peanuts, 2 whole dry red chillies, stemmed and broken, 1 inch piece ginger, chopped, 6-8 garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds,8-10 curry leaves 1 medium onion, grated Salt to taste, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder,2 tablespoons tamarind pulp.
1. Heat a non-stick pan add white sesame seeds, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds. Sauté till they are fragrant and they crackle.
2. Transfer the roasted spices to a mixer jar, along with roasted peanuts, dried red chilies, ginger, garlic and some water, blend to make a smooth masala paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once they splutter add curry leaves.
4. Sauté for half a minute and add onion. Sauté, stirring continuously, till onion is light golden brown.
5. Add salt, stir well.
6. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Add masala paste and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 ½ cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for ten minutes.
7. Add tamarind pulp (dissolved in half a cup of water, if it is too thick). 8. Add fried green chilies and cook on low heat for eight to ten minutes. 9. Serve hot.
In Hyderabad, Mirchi ka Salan is traditionally served with grated coconut to the masala paste or without coconut. This gravy is referred to as Tili (Til-Sesame) aur Falli (Moongfalli – Peanuts) gravy.
You can find more ‘shoppable’ videos like this on our platform as well! Click on the following link: https://mytoch.com/
Keep up with us on