Murgh Methi Malai | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 1 September 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 740 Views 0
A seemingly unusual combination, Murg Methi Malai is a yummy dish. Cook with rich, delectable flavors, this dish will soon be your favorite with its amazing, complex flavors. C
MURGH METHI MALAI Ingredients
500 grams boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes 1 medium bunch fresh fenugreek leaves (methi), chopped 1 cup fresh cream + for drizzling, 2 tablespoons oil , 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera), 3 green chillies, chopped 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 medium onion, finely chopped , 2 medium tomatoes, chopped , Salt to taste, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder ,½ teaspoon turmeric powder , 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (Kasturi methi) ,½ cup yogurt ,1 tablespoon garam masala powder , ½ teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (Kasturi methi) powder Method
1. Heat oil in a non-stick deep pan. Add cumin seeds, green chilies and ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion, tomatoes, and salt, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
3. Add fenugreek leaves and mix well. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and dried fenugreek leaves mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chicken and mix. Add salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add yogurt and mix well. Add ½ cup water, stir to mix, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add cream, garam masala powder and dried fenugreek leaves powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
Server Hot Chicken with some cream on the top.