Simple Chicken Curry | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Posted On 17 August 2018 By Rashmeet Kaur Khanuja | 799 Views 0
A delicious and tasty Indian chicken curry is creamy made with a blend of spices and in a jiffy!
SIMPLE CHICKEN CURRY Ingredients
- 750 grams chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces on the bone, 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 teaspoons red chili powder, Add Salt to taste, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2-3 tablespoons oil 6-8 black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 2 medium onions, finely chopped 1 large tomato, 1 tablespoon coriander powder,2 teaspoons cumin (jeera) powder, 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves , ½ teaspoon garam masala powder, Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing.
Method of making Simple chicken curry
1. Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Add yogurt, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste and mix. Add lemon juice, mix well and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick deep pan. Add peppercorns, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves, and onions, mix and sauté till onions turn brown.
3. Add tomatoes and salt, mix well, cover and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
4. Add remaining chili powder, salt, remaining turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well. Mix well.
5. Add marinated chicken, mix and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add coriander leaves and 2½ cups water, stir, cover and cook till the chicken is fully done.
7. Add garam masala powder, mix well and let it get heated through.
8. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
You can find more ‘shoppable’ videos like this on our platform as well! Click on the following link: https://mytoch.com/
Keep up with us on